Brother and Sister Love

Katie's birthday party

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Another busy weekend and there will be more busy days to come.
Barry and I did some Christmas Shopping together. As you mom's know, it's hard to get in a good shopping mode with a young child in a stroller. My little girl doesn't sleep at all when she is in the stroller. She is truly a girl. She can't close her eyes because she may miss something. Noah on the otherhand was so predictible. I could time his nap and get a good 2 hours of shopping done.

We enjoyed a playdate with some very good friends this past week. Katie and Katie don't get to see each other as much as we would like, but I believe they will always be close friends and will continue to re-connect over the years. The story of how Kate and Katie's connection began goes back before they were born. God bought Lisa (Kate's mom) and I together a couple of years ago. Lisa and I first met in the toy department at Walmart. She had her beautiful daugher Olivia with her and I had my son Noah with me. We had a short conversation about our Asian children. Lisa said, she thought we were supposed to meet. She had seen me at my neighborhood pool while she was visiting her friend. We keep running into each other. Little did we know after that first encounter, that we would end up going down the same road with another adoption. Through a mutual friend we stayed in touch via e-mail. I truly believe it was a blessing from God that our paths crossed. Lisa and I were able to bear one another's burden during a very trying adoption experience. Even though there were some rough days, we both knew it would be worth it. Kate and Katie are only several weeks apart celebrating their "Happy Day". Today, I see these two beautiful girls playing together and think "God has bless us and God has bless them." What a difference a year makes. Happy Day Katie and Kate:)

2 comments:

  1. How cool the way God worked in bringing the two of you together. Lisa is a good friend and I know your Katie and Kate will be great friends a well! Loved the pictures!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanie,
    This post is so sweet. Getting to know you and Katie (and your family) remain one of the highlights of 2008. I am excited for our girls! Let's stay on the lookout for other chicas de Guatemala. You can never have enough friends!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

HAPPY "GOTCHA" DAY

HAPPY "GOTCHA" DAY
Our forever 'sweet pea" age 3yrs old